Okay folks, my team has shared a bit of bad news with me. Our Future Deans Working Group is shrinking. We seem to be losing more future deans weekly…because our “future” deans keep getting named Dean!🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉
But first, let me dispel a rumor.
Being a member of WiBE is not only about becoming a Dean.
Because all of our leadership stories and goals are different.
And there are LOADS of ways to lead in higher education. The need for new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and disruptive ideas in business education has never been greater.
We need you. Your talent. Your ideas. Your energy.
There is a leadership path for everyone in this network. Our members run new centers, programs, courses, initiatives, and board positions. Or maybe you want to step into something totally different than you ever could have imagined. (Consulting? Entrepreneurship? Art?)
A big congratulations to our WiBE members named new to Dean or moved to a new leadership role this summer:
- Cathy Dubois, The Bryan Dean, Miller College of Business, Ball State University
- Bertie Greer, Named Incoming Dean, Lead Manning School of Business, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Priya Prasad, Dean, Lucas College & Graduate School of Business, San Jose State University
- Lisa Victoravich, Dean, College of Business & Economics, University of Idaho
- Melissa Gruys, Dean, Monte Ahuja College of Business at Cleveland State University
- Sandra Richtermeyer, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, Rutgers University Camden
- Carmen Cotie, Interim Dean, Barney School of Business, University of Hartford
- Joyce Heames, Dean, Jennings A. Jones College of Business Middle Tennessee State University
And I LOVE hearing from our former future deans say about our membership:
I’ve gained immense value from the relationships, knowledge, and resources shared at our monthly meetings. What sets this organization apart is that the lessons learned here extend beyond business; they deeply resonate with all aspects of life.
—Bertie Greer, WiBE Member, newly named incoming Dean to UMASS Lowell.
And now you have a beautiful and supportive community here throughout your leadership journey.
Wherever that may be.
—Lisa Leander, Founder & CEO
p.s. if you do have an interest in being a future dean, join the waitlist to be the first to learn more about our Future Dean’s Leadership Accelerator, a 6-Month Intensive for Emerging Leaders launching this November! We need to refill this leaky bucket faster than WiBE is naming deans!!
p.p.s. Don’t forget to register for our Art of Advisory Stakeholder & Advisory Board 3-week virtual course, starting September 5. Learn More
Check out the full bulletin here.